Chapman Removals is committed to delivering a service to the highest standard and principally moving or storing people’s personal effects or the contents of their homes and offices wherever they need them to be. We appreciate how important your privacy is and recognise that we are being trusted with protecting it, so the purpose of this privacy notice is to give you a clear explanation about how we collect and use your personal data. We think it’s important that you read this privacy notice in full so that you understand what data we collect about you, how we collect, use and look after that data, what privacy rights you have and how the law protects you.
For all of our services, the data controller – the company that is responsible for personal data – is Chapman Removals.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, you can contact our DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel you need to, you also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
The Personal Data We Collect About You
We collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you to enable us to provide you with a service or sell you products and, where we are permitted, to tell you more about the services we can provide to you.
- Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
- We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Name and contact details – this includes your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Payment information – this includes your bank account and/or payment card details, where it has been provided to us and is necessary to process a payment.
- Purchase history – this includes details about services that we have provided to you and charged you for.
- Profile information – this includes your username and password if you use our Web portal for receiving quotations and accept or pay an invoice through that portal
- Marketing preferences – this includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Customer service history – this includes interactions with us over the phone, via the website or on social media.
- Information about your device and how you use our websites and apps – this includes information you give us when you browse our websites or apps, including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as how you use our websites and apps.
How we collect Personal Data
We will collect personal data from and about you in the following ways, but we will only collect this data to fulfil legal and lawful processing of it.
- Direct interactions. You may give us your name and contact details and payment information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
– Request a quotation or purchase products or services from us;
– Create an account on our websites or apps;
– Subscribe to our mailing lists or newsletters;
– Request marketing to be sent to you;
– Take part in a competition, promotion or survey; or
– Give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect information about your device and how you use our websites and apps. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as information about your device and how you use our websites and apps from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU.
- Name and contact details, payment information and purchase history from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- For certain processing purposes, we may request your consent to authorise the processing. For example, if you are not a customer of Chapman Removals and have not enquired about our products or services, we would need a clear consent from you in order to send any communications to you about our products or services.
Purposes For Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
We have set out in the tables below a description of what we do with your personal data and why we do it. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.